Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back to the Basics

I was editing my most recent set of pictures from my four day trip to Las Vegas. I'm kind of having a problem with the pictures I've been taking as of late. And its the same problem I've been bitching about since I bought my digital camera. I haven't really been shooting any film recently except for the occasional shot here and there, and I'm not liking how my white balance and composition have been coming out in my shots. The rejection from the stock agency has kind of magnified my thoughts on this. And it might not even be  an issue of what medium I'm using. I really haven't set any parameters on what I am shooting at a given moment. Whatever I see that's interesting is usually what gets shot.

What I'm going to do first is buy one of these

which should allow me to use my main film camera without having my DSLR hanging inconveniently on my shoulder and focusing on shooting, and then I am going to set some more strict parameters on what I can and can't shoot. So, it looks like I am going to have an easier time since more of my niche will be showing up instead of blind pay and spray shots which have been coming up as of late.

You may all return to your regularly scheduled programs. .................... Now!!