Sunday, February 3, 2013

Noguchi Park

I have one more set of photos from 2012 that I've been sitting on for at least two months now. I have no idea why I haven't posted them yet, but that's not really a big issue. As many of you know by now, I am a big fan of parks. I tend to stick with regional parks as they offer wonderful nature trails in an utterly boring urban environment.

This park is an incredibly designed concrete park that was built smack dab in the middle of a corporate complex in Costa Mesa, CA. It was designed by Japanese architect Isamu Noguchi. The park is called California Scenario or Noguchi Gardens.

To me, it looked like a combination of a well constructed business park mixed with a Japanese zen garden that mostly included concrete. It was very peaceful as well, but that might have been because it was on a Sunday that we went down there. On the other hand, its devoid of color, but the little stream and the contrasting objects more than made up for it. Well worth to see if you are a park fan like I am.






My buddy charlie, he was trying to do a super mario jump. Boing!