Monday, June 17, 2013

The Greatest City in the World Part 1

I came back about a week ago from probably the best vacation I've ever taken. I went out to what still seems to be the hub of America, New York City. Over the next few posts, I'll bring to you some of my best vistas from my eight day trip, including my train ride to this magnificent city and my short visit in Chicago.

One of my biggest goals for this trip was to hit some of the views and locations that were less tourist trap and  played better to my imagination and my extreme eagerness. I do have several shots of well known landmarks, but they are more of an accidental nature. So, Sit back, relax and have a nice trip to the Big Apple.

Tom

The Chrystler Building, seen from near United Nations.


Third Story look inside The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA)

The 911 Memorial (South Tower)

the Statue of Liberty, seen from the Staten Island Ferry

A tour helicopter just after takeoff, Near the Staten Island Ferry Terminal in Battery Park

A guy fishing from just below the Brooklyn Bridge

A small police substation in Times Square

New York State Pavilion Observation Towers 

Central Park Near 5th Ave and 59th St

Red Bull Soccer Stadium, Harrison, NJ