Saturday, September 22, 2012

Downtown Riverside

I've been considering a drive up here for quite awhile now, and I found the opportunity to shoot some pictures when one of my good friends celebrated her birthday over at the Salted Pig. Afterwards, I thought I would take a nice little walk around City Hall and the courthouse to see what kind of pictures I could get. I don't normally shoot at night, so This was a big challenge.























The only real issues I seemed to have on this shoot was the white balance issue. If I left my camera on Auto or nightime/candle mode, every spot that had a light of some sort gave me a rediculous orange glow. So I switched to a colder mode and thats why everything is either bluish or greenish yellow. The other issue was a focusing issue. I had to manually focus for most of the shots. But it wasn't too hard, even though the eye I use for shooting is my bum eye.

Riverside really has been one of the better downtowns that Ive traveled to this year. It might be because UCR is right across the freeway. It might also be because there isn't a damn thing to do in the Inland Empire. Whichever, it was a nice nice place to look at. And go eat at the Salted Pig. They had a bad ass hamburger with a fried egg on top, with a yolk in it too!!