Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Mission Submission Part 2

Today will be my last post of the year which ends this Saturday. But first, I would like to plug my best friend Charlie's site Terms of Enbeerment. It is a site dedicated to Quality beer, whether it be mass produced or not. He offers reviews of breweries, information on different styles of craft beers and he shares a behind the scenes look on the production on beer. Everything you ever wanted to know about one of the most bought products in the world today. Prepare to be amazed. Drink Quality, not Quantity.

Today, I'm continuing my picture post from Tuesday. The majority of these pictures today are from the two missions I spent a decent amount of time at, The incredibly haunted La Purisima Concepcion and Mission San Juan Capistrano.

La Purisima Concepcion is located in Lompac, CA. Its about a twenty minute drive off the 101 freeway at the exit for Buelton and Solvang. As one of the two missions owned by the State Parks division of the State of California, it was restored to its original look and feel and then made into a state historic site. This mission was more amazing then all of the other 15 I visited because it has a fully functional farm on the premesis as well as a natural well with a mini aqueduct going to the settlement.

I had a blast looking at the pigs in general. Both of them  were a trip because they had major character. Just make sure to stay away from the church and the living quarters, because they are supposedly haunted. I walked through them quickly so the ghosts wouldn't follow me home! Thanks to Susie for pointing the mission out to me before I went on my trip.

The other mission I visited was San Juan Capistrano. Its the closest to where I live in Anaheim. Just a short 30 minute ride down the 5 freeway. I was originally going to hit this one up on my trip to San Diego, but I have no clue when I'm going and I was bored on a Saturday. There is much to see here. The most interesting spot is the ruins of the old chapel. It was massive and impressive. When I develop my film, I have a good shot of whats left. You can see the outside of it in the picture below with the two bells. In the spring time, you can see the swallows as they return from their winter migration. A real great place to check out all around.

Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Mission San Rafael
San Rafael, CA

Mission San Rafael
San Rafael, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission San Francisco De Asis
San Francisco, CA

Mission San Francisco De Asis
San Francisco, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA



Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission La Purisima Concepcion
Lompac, CA

Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Mission Santa Ines
Solvang, CA

Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Does anybody have any recommendations on historic places for me to visit? Preferable in the states or the west coast area. I don't have a passport yet. :'-(

Take care and have a nice day!