Saturday, May 12, 2012

Beerfest, Studio and Stock; This Week in a Nutshell





The first slideshow above was from the Orange County Beer fest which took place at Irvine Lake. It wasn't as fun as my first beerfest last year. I need to learn how to do street style photography because I was still too nervous about shooting random people doing whatever.

The second set was from my class this week. I was able to hit the studio on Tuesday and Wednesday and it was one of the most fun times I've had at school. I already learned what I did wrong and that I need a fill flash to fix the dark shadows on the toy cars. I'll definitely remember when I decide to take a lighting class.

So I've been looking for ways of officially getting in the photography business and it doesn't seem to easy. I just got my digital camera but I'm still lacking lights, a backdrop, a serious fill flash and a couple of other things so I can do product shots or portraits. While I was doing my research I came across a great post talking about stock photography.

I read a little about it aver the last year and some of the places that I had checked out were a little strict. I would have to submit at least a thousand images that are all good quality, they would have to be vetted by the stock company, and I would still have to provide 100 to 300 images per month to stay active. Wow!! That is a lot of pictures. I think I will be trying out this other agency called Shutterstock. I only have to submit 10 initial pictures and there isn't a quota to remain active.

I wonder how hard it is to get my pictures sold once I get my images on there.