Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Long Ride With a Longer Recovery

It's beyond me how this used to be the main form of transportation just a bit over 100 years ago. For anybody wondering what its like to ride cross country on the train, It's very unique! My laziness seems to have overtaken everything else. I need to do a write up on the whole train experience. The only thing you need to remember is to take stuff to do, because the train is very boring.

These were all shot in the barrens of New Mexico. Unfortunately, most of them have reflections I couldn't see at the time, but I seemed to have unconsciously used them to my advantage. Also, they were all taken while the train was in motion.















I must say, New Mexico has to be one of the ugliest states I've ever been in. I got enough of that on the short drive on I-10 in the south, but this was just the icing on the cake. It really looks like there is a permanent orange filter over your eyes, but I guess they use red rocks in the asphalt. My recommendation is hell no, I wont go! Have a nice day.

One last thought, I thought I might have had some nerve damage, but my left ass cheek has finally recovered from this train ride.