Thursday, July 26, 2012

My First Work as a Pro

I failed big time!!

I've been looking at making some type of income from my photography and the easiest way is by submitting my pictures to a stock photography agency. I read an article awhile back on which agencies are pulling the most customers these days and Shutterstock was at the top of the list.

I've been wanting to do anything to work my way towards being a professional photographer, and since failure is the best experience anybody can get, I decided to submit the required 10 pictures. Thankfully it only took a day to find out whether I can make the cut. out of 10 pictures eight of them failed for composition:









and three of them failed for lighting and white balance issues:





The part that I can take away was that the last two under the white balance rejection passed for workable pictures, but I need to learn how to set my white balance properly. The only other part I can take away is that I should just get the damn building releases so I can work to my strong suits as opposed to just getting whichever I can find out of a set. I'm glad I finally did it. I now have some pro experience. We return you to your previously scheduled program, The IT Crowd.