Friday, October 5, 2012

It's Scoutin Time

So I've had an idea on a photo project for quite awhile now. Maybe around six months or so, and I stupidly haven't acted on it. Well, tomorrow is going to be my first day working on it. I'm going to be doing a series on the LA Metro service, in particular the incredible designs of some of their stops. For example the Hollywood Blvd and Vine Ave stop on the Metro Red Line below:


The walls and the ceiling are covered in empty 35mm film reels. and the posts are set up to look like palm trees.

There are several other locations that are just as interesting looking as this stop and I'm sure there are others that are more interesting to look at.

Well, tomorrows mission is to ride the metro system to mark off all the stops that I would have interest in shooting. Maybe I might even jump off and shoot a couple of them too. I'm not sure if I'm going black and white or color, but I will be using film and I'm going to be using my Lubitel 2, but the film and the camera will be uniform throughout the entire project.

I just realized too, that I just bought a new phone last week that will allow me to use the light meter app so I don't need to carry around my SLR. Its going to be sitting in my cool bag that I got a couple of weeks ago: